The first time I saw Bringaraj Powder (BP) was at Olori. This was a couple of months ago when I was searching for a good leave-in conditioner. I saw lots of powder and wondered which one to go for. So, I did a little research online and…boom – BP! BP was the one I thought would meet my hair needs, so I placed an order (along with perm rods – which I am yet to use, anyway). You can read more about Bringaraj Powder (BP) here.
I was a bit skeptical to use it while I was on ‘my ultimate Castor Oil Challenge’. The reason is that I wanted to find out (without the use of castor oil) if BP is working for me or not. But after I read that BP has conditioning benefits, I thought it would be worth the try. Here is what it looks like…
For now, I prefer to use this powder for my hair ONLY and this is how I use it:
- Mix BP with water to make a paste,
- Section hair into parts and then apply paste to my scalp.
- Gently massage (I usually do this while protein/deep conditioning)
- Cover hair with a shower cap and leave on for at least one hour
- Wash out using Dudu-Osun soap and warm water.
I’ve used this for 3 months now and I know my hair has grown. I don’t have any pre- or post- pictures to share but I will share pictures at my nappiversary which is around the corner…
So Naturalistas, has anyone been using this product and do you have testimonies to share?